Time signature count in

Devon8822

When punching in at a time signature change, i'd like to be able to have the count in, in the time signature of the bar that I am punching in on. As default if I have say 2 bars count in, it will count those two bars with the 2 bars time signature right before the bar that we punch in on. This is not veyr helpful, how do I have the count in of 2 bars be the time signature that we are punching in at. Thanks!

When punching in at a time signature change, i'd like to be able to have the count in, in the time signature of the bar that I am punching in on. As default if I have say 2 bars count in, it will count those two bars with the 2 bars time signature right before the bar that we punch in on. This is not veyr helpful, how do I have the count in of 2 bars be the time signature that we are punching in at. Thanks!

I hear you Devon8822. I have this same issue, not so much with time signature changes, but with with tempo changes. I want to punch in in the new tempo, but as it happens, also right at the tempo change. (This is actually really common in my workflow I notice.) But yeah, the count in is in the old tempo. My work around for this is to create a 1 or 2 measure click track in the new section with a software instrument, bounce the file in place (into an audio file) and then drag it immediately in front of the punch in. I suppose that would work for time sig changes as well.

Hope that helps.

Adam

TICK - 'Allow tempo change recording' in settings/recording. If i remember well, it will change the count-in to the appropriate time sig/tempo if you start to record from the time sig. change.Not in front of Logic, give it a try.

No, that's completely unrelated.... that's option is for recording the tempo changes themselves.

Here's one workaround:

1) Add the Klopfgeist track to the Arrange area: open the mixer, click the "All" button, control-click the Klopfgeist channel strip and choose "Create/Select Arrange Track".

1210498372_Picture2.png.97acd7989ecfe9a99bc03f9b6d3c6abd.png

2) Right where the tempo change is, control-click the Klopfgeist track and choose "Create Empty MIDI Region". Double-click and in the Piano Roll, insert notes to create your count-in. Here I create a 4 beat count-in:

885579791_Picture3.png.71faedb849d0d425f37a66985b26859e.png

3) Click "Bounce Regions" in the tool bar to bounce that count-in to a new audio track.

4) Double-click the new audio region to open it in the sample editor.

5) In the sample editor, deselect Edit > Lock Arrange Position When Moving Anchor" and drag the anchor (orange house-shaped thingy at the bottom) all the way to the right of the file:

1813251342_Picture4.thumb.png.33f6dcb0bd620d1db893e5c9cb786ec9.png

6) Your count-in is now perfectly in time:

674643804_Picture5.png.d7a38494fd96815c1fcef1a5e4d69947.png

Hope that helps.