How to set midi track's input channel and port?

Rockman413

How to set individual midi input channel or port in each midi track?

Go to the Project Settings->Recording and enable "Autodemix by midi channel..." which will put Logic into Multiplayer mode. Now you can assign a custom midi channel 1-16 for the tracks in question. Arm the midi tracks (you want to monitor or record) and play.

There is a limitation as well. Logic can channelize this way up to 16 midi channels coming from one or different ports. If you want to override that limitation you must build a custom Environment Performance setup like this:

1. Cut the top "Sum" cable of the Physical Input in the Click&Ports environment layer.

2. Create a new Channel Splitter and cable it from a given midi input port "pin" shown in the Physical input.

3. Cable each Channel Splitter pin to a given Software Instrument or External Instrument in the environment. The Channel Splitter pin numbers correspond to the incoming midi channels 1,2,3....

Bear in mind that the second method is a "Performance" one cause it uses direct instrument cabling and bypasses the sequencer. In this scenario you can not record your play. You can try some kind of switching or splitting to the sequencer but the recording will be limited up to 16 channels again.

I can only select the midi track's output in the inspector...

It behaves as midi channel Input as well if the "Autodemix" is enabled. Do not miss to arm all the tracks you want to monitor/record in case you want to use multiple external midi devices set on different channels ! The midi channel set in the Inspector must match the external device channel !

Regards

It behaves as midi channel Input as well if the "Autodemix" is enabled. Do not miss to arm all the tracks you want to monitor/record in case you want to use multiple external midi devices set on different channels ! The midi channel set in the Inspector must match the external device channel !

Regards

If that's midi input, then where's midi output? I only found one channel selection and the inspector is the same as the the Library on the right of Logic.

Regards

I re- thinkg about the "demix" meaning and the problem is solved !:)

Thanks