fade tool not working [SOLVED]

aggenver

when I try to apply it on an audio region it just grabs the region and moves it around just like if I had the pointer tool selected.

The tool icon changes as it should. But it doesn't act on the audio region as it should.

I remember it used to work ok in the past.

I simple cannot use it anymore, any ideas?

thanks

The audio regions I am talking about appear as 'aif' files in the bin. 48 kHz, 24 bit. The fade tool works ok on 'caf' regions in the same project. The aif files on which the fade tool does not apply are expandable in the meaning that I have more than one takes recorded under them. I do not know if this is relevant though.

The aif files on which the fade tool does not apply are expandable in the meaning that I have more than one takes recorded under them. I do not know if this is relevant though.

It is!! In fact it's your answer: you cannot apply fades to take folders (which are what you're looking at). You need to first flatting the take folder (click the button to the top right of the take folder to see the take folder menu), then you can apply fades to the individual audio regions.

• 1 year later...
i moved audio from lP9 to LPX, the track that i rendered in LPX can be faded, but the audio from LP9 can't, any idea on how to fix this?

Just tried importing audio from LP9, and it fades as expected in LPX.

I could swear I tried this earlier and it didn't work though... I wonder if that was pilot error or if there's a set of conditions that makes fading impossible on some audio files. Hmmmm.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I also have a problem with the crossfade, fade in and out on recordings.

First I’ve put 3 takes in a pack folder, started the comping and then stopped to continue « standard editing », so the 3 takes are no longer in a pack folder (as we can see on my screenshot, otherwise there would be the Quick Swipe Comping mode button displayed, wouldn’t there ?).

I’ve modified the gain of the regions with the gain parameter in the inspector. What’s weird is : when the gain isn’t very loud, I can hear the crossfade between the two regions and the fade in on the next region. But when I set the gain on 13 or more, both crossfade and fade in don’t work anymore.

Is there a solution or at least an explanation to that ?

577786486_ScreenShot2014-03-05at15_03_11.thumb.png.a7ded13e89d2d3d2f6e4f1fc6cafe804.png

• 2 months later...
okay fixed it, in LPX when selecting the audio region, untick the flex button.

I was having this same problem and was completely flummoxed. Unticking flex fixed it for me...then I could fade. Gad, so much to learn.

I was getting stuck on this too. So does this mean that fades and cross fades can't be done on regions that have had any kind of flex applied to them? That's a bit of a bummer. What would be the best workaround? Would I have to bounce the regions that I'd flexed first before cross fading?

I was getting stuck on this too. So does this mean that fades and cross fades can't be done on regions that have had any kind of flex applied to them? That's a bit of a bummer. What would be the best workaround? Would I have to bounce the regions that I'd flexed first before cross fading?

Yes. Bounce in place, then use fades.

J.

• 2 weeks later...
Having this same problem. No flex or take folders on this track, just simple audio, and speed up/down works fine. I found when i removed the patch applied to the track it faded as expected. Bit annoying, I'm sure there has to be a way to apply the automation to the track with the patch loaded?

I too am having a problem with the crossfade: I cannot get the settings to default to automatic crossfade when tracks overlap.

I disabled the flex tool and went to general and audio preferences but cannot seem to find the setting here. I am able to crossfade manually but this is a bit of a chore. I am not super experienced with Pro X but did some work with previous versions.

The help section in Pro X pointed towards a "more" section when I checked "show advanced tools" but I just don't seem to be having any luck. I hope I am missing something obvious I can't seem to make this work. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1 year later...

I just want to say thanks for the tip to solve this simple issue, David. Tangentially, I'm in the middle of going through your Logic 10.1 book right now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the style in which you've written it, and am learning a ton. As an on-and-off Logic user for about 5 years, I'm learning so much workflow and functionality advice that will ideally help me translate my creative inspiration into professional-sounding works of music. So, thanks! :D

-Ben

I just want to say thanks for the tip to solve this simple issue, David. Tangentially, I'm in the middle of going through your Logic 10.1 book right now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the style in which you've written it, and am learning a ton. As an on-and-off Logic user for about 5 years, I'm learning so much workflow and functionality advice that will ideally help me translate my creative inspiration into professional-sounding works of music. So, thanks! :D

Well... thanks for the kind words! I'm sure glad to hear the book is useful to you!! :D

• 2 years later...