error while trying to synchronize audio and MIDI [SOLVED]

hungrydave

I keep getting this problem. My sound card (saffire) clicks off and on again and sound drops out and i get this message

error while trying to synchronize audio and MIDI

Sample Rate 35517 recognized.

Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, i've added the OS (10.6.8 )

Thank for that! :)

I haven't changed anything, i only got the mac a few months ago. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the firewire cable

Could be, but I'd start by reinstalling the Saffire's driver first. But before you do that check OSX's Console (Applications/Utilities/) for messages related to the Saffire (type focusrite in the console's search box to see what comes up).

J.

thanks for the responses folks....

Jordito - i checked in the console, nothing comes up for focusrite or saffire

blinkofani - no firewire daisychaining going, on, just mac to saffire.

David - I do run logic sometimes just through the built in sound and it's never happened, only with the saffire.

So i have a vague idea, but it needs more testing.... i think it might be happening when my chip gets really hot. 2 things seem to cause the heat to go up a lot. One is Logic, the other is streaming video. It's only ever happened (the saffire dropout) while i've been doing one of those two things.

When i'm running logic, i'm generally using another monitor as well and a USB hub to an external mouse/keyboard/hard drive. So here's the interesting thing... when the problem starts with the saffire, it often coincides with the mac acting as if i've unplugged the ext drive (it gives me a warning not to unplug drive without ejecting, so it obviously is losing signal on that hub somehow). Can anything be deducted from this? It's like the ports are losing connection - both firewire and USB. The heat thing might be a red herring... Obviously the heat coincides with high CPU usage, so it could be that that's knocking out the ports?!?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
Hi,

Im experiencing the same Error, so this error is solved if u are using a external sound Card?

My project Bursts into distortion when i play it back (onboard soundcard).

(10.9.4)

Thanks for your reply.

By posting in a thread marked [sOLVED], you're limiting your chances of others reading your question. I suggest you start a new thread for your question, giving as many details as possible, including clicking this link to your signature and adding your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)