Mixing Levels - Bouncing issue

Hi guys,

I'm trying to mixdown and bounce my first beat tape / album and have about 16 individual tracks open in a logic project. I wanted to bring all the finished tracks into a project together so I can make sure levels are all about the same and play around with how I order the tracks on the album.

Anyway, i'm now tweaking the levels slightly for each track (basically just EQing them all) to make sure they are all about the same and nothing jumps out when you listen to them one after the other.

I'm also trying to get the volumes right.

What I'm finding though is that when I listen to it in Logic on apple iphone headphones (the latest ones) it sounds really bassy. But given most people will probably listen to it on their phone I wanted to see how it sounded when transferred to an iphone. On the iphone it sounds fine and i'm happy with the levels but if I play the bounced Wav or MP3 the bass just sounds to high.

Any ideas?!!

I dont really wang to turn the bass sown because then it sounds like the low end is lacking when I put it onto my iphone.

Really confusing and frustrating! Any thoughts on why this is happening would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Alex

It's physics. The smaller the speaker, the less bass it will produce. An iphone speaker will never give you the bass you want to hear.

You gotta compromise. Make sure it sounds even everywhere. Cheap boom boxes and cars are the best reference.

You can probably use Logic's Multipressor to compress the low frequencies without getting rid of them.

Cheers but Maybe I haven't been that clear.. The mix sounds the same if i play it live in logic, play the bounced wav or mp3 and listen to it on my iphone with my shures and sennheisers. It sounds the same with the apple headphones when i listen to it on the iphone, but if i play the mp3, wav or live logic project on my mac and use the apple headphones it sounds way too bassy.

To add to the confusion, if i play the wav or mp3 on my PC laptop and use the apple headphones it sounds fine.

So for some reason the logic session and the resultant bounced mp3 and wav sound way too bassy when i play it on my mac and use the new apple headphones.

Its a strange one. Perhaps this is because i'm running an old version of osX (snow leopard) and using the latest apple headphones. Not sure.