Last version Eucon behavior

Does anyone experience a new behavior of the last Eucon version, where I always have to restart my computer now to have Logic or any other app, be recognized by Eucon ? I did verify my disk permission, just in case.

Annoying at least I must say. :twisted:

Working on a 2012 MBP retina with all software on the latest version.

True, for me on the other hand, it is working flawless too after every restart of the computer. Didn't that before.

I only use Eucon with a single Artist Control unit, and Logic Pro (no other 'apps' or 'control units', or multiples there of :? ), and then things sink up on the original boot (startup)... not sure what you mean by "I always have to restart my computer now to have Logic or any other app, be recognized by Eucon ?"

I know I do have to wait quite a while before the Eucon app is recognized by my iMac (signified by: the 'Eucon symbol' in the upper screen bar lights up, and stop spinning :roll: ), this all on startup; then again, after turning on the Artist Control unit (which I do, only, after Eucon has started up completely), I also have to wait while the Artist Control unit to sink up as well. It can take a close to a minute for everything to make the necessary handshake, but I sense that's not what your experiencing or complaining about :?

No indeed Rone2him, What you describe is normal behavior as I know it.

My laptop is almost never shut off so it's on and sleeping with a closed lit, and when not in use, Eucon is shut down.

I always did what you did, open the laptop and follow your procedure, starting with Eucon etc, Logic comes last.

My Artist controllers connect as normal, but when Logic is up and running, Eucon is not recognizing Logic, in fact it doesn't see finder or anything or safari etc, like before. So now I close all the apps backwards as usual and have to restart the computer, then I open all the apps as before and now it's back to normal. It's a pain in the **s

Can you please add your Logic version and system info to your signature as per our forum rules?J.

Very helpful to any responders

My laptop is almost never shut off so it's on and sleeping with a closed lit, and when not in use... Eucon is not recognizing Logic, in fact it doesn't see finder or anything or safari etc, like before. So now I close all the apps backwards as usual and have to restart the computer, then I open all the apps as before and now it's back to normal. It's a pain in the **s

I highlighted "sleep mode, Safari, etc" because it sounds as though there might be some kind of conflict going on with the apps, coming out of the sleep mode, just a wild guess :|

Maybe try: start up (as normal), but only open, Eucon & Logic & Control surfaces... then sleep, sleep deep :lol: then awaken from the slumber... and see if the "recognition' issue still occurs :?:

Just a note: my "desktop iMac" is used only for DAW music sessions, so wi-fi, firewall, etc. are all off... only apps opened are Eucon, TC Near (which is the Control Panel for my konnekt24D interface), and Logic Pro... I tried forcing "sleep mode", then opening, I still have connection to everything. :?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm having the same type of issues. Logic comes on and stays on EuCon Support for the longest. I've trashed every instance of Euphonix on the computer How can I remove this from logic so stops searching for EuCon? Also no sequence I was working on won't play. CPU and hard drive use indicators are pegged and sequence stop within less than a measure.

I'm having the same type of issues. Logic comes on and stays on EuCon Support for the longest. I've trashed every instance of Euphonix on the computer How can I remove this from logic so stops searching for EuCon? Also no sequence I was working on won't play. CPU and hard drive use indicators are pegged and sequence stop within less than a measure.

According to Avid, there's an uninstaller for the eucon software....but sounds like you may have removed it?

How do I uninstall EuControl and EuCon applications? (Mac OS)

To uninstall EuControl and EuCon applications, double click on Uninstall MC Mix in the Euphonix folder in your Applications folder.

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_faqs.php?detail=16

J.

Thanks I used the uninstaller, I've manually searched the hard drive for any EuCon labeled files and believe I've removed them all. Yet Logic still searches for EuCon. Is there anything or where in Logic I can remove anything associated with EuCon? I've searched preferences, application support, script and cannot find anything with reference to Avid, Euphonix, or MC Control, MC Mix etc. thanks if you can think of anything else I should do.

Trash the control surfaces preference file "com.apple.logic.pro.cs". It's in your user Library/Preferences folder. Make sure Logic is closed when you do this. After trashing them, relaunch Logic. If it detects anything Eucon-related then you haven't got rid of everything. At that point you could disable the "Automatic Installation" option in the New menu in the Control Surfaces Setup window, followed by quitting Logic and trashing the preference file again. That should keep it under control while you find out how to completely uninstall all eucon-related stuff.

J.