What is included in the additional content? [SOLVED]

Thomas91

Can someone please tell me what is included in the 19.2 GB of additional content for Logic? I am a minimalist, and I prefer not to install stuff that is irrelevant to me (Apple Loops, plug-in presets, EXS 24 instruments, channel strip settings). Is all of this included in the additional content?

Hi

You can to a degree, selectively install what you want, though you will need the Essential, and most likely Additional, content.

1465934887_AdditionalContent.jpg.990c84960f51bf4bceb4c4afa420380a.jpg

I suspect that you would want to install the Jampack content (these include some 13+GB of Sampler Instruments etc), EXS library etc, perhaps without the Loops elements?

CCT

As I quite explicitly stated, I don't care for EXS 24 instruments; they are a tremendous waste of disk space. I am more of a sound synthesist, hence my preference of a clean install of Logic without any of the synthesiser presets or channel strip settings. If I purchase Logic from the App Store, it says that the additional content is not obligatory, so what's with the essential additional content?

Hi

As I quite explicitly stated, I don't care for EXS 24 instruments; they are a tremendous waste of disk space. I am more of a sound synthesist, hence my preference of a clean install of Logic without any of the synthesiser presets or channel strip settings. If I purchase Logic from the App Store, it says that the additional content is not obligatory, so what's with the essential additional content?

You explicitly asked what was included in the 19G of content, and I attempted to outline what is in it in my earlier post, rather than itemise all of it, and to suggest that you can choose to install some of it (or not). If you feel that you'd rather not have any samples etc, so be it.

You will, however, not be able to avoid downloading the content in 'bundles'. The exact content of each bundle is mixed, and most likely do include many of the items that you feel are superfluous, but some that you may want.

The "Essential Content" includes

1814244988_CoreContent.jpg.b45fdeec02ad9a2ec232c2f07e70baec.jpg

The "Additional Content" includes:

1700113741_Additionalcontent.jpg.924980445614839f182796a4e7762c06.jpg

CCT

Can someone please tell me what is included in the 19.2 GB of additional content for Logic? I am a minimalist, and I prefer not to install stuff that is irrelevant to me (Apple Loops, plug-in presets, EXS 24 instruments, channel strip settings). Is all of this included in the additional content?

The content is Apple Loops, plug-ins presets, EXS24 instruments and channel strip settings. Don't install any content and you won't have any of them.

Hi

The content is Apple Loops, plug-ins presets, EXS24 instruments and channel strip settings. Don't install any content and you won't have any of them.

Not forgetting Impulse Responses for Spacedesigner, Ultrabeat Samples etc ;-)

Still if the OP doesn't want any of them...

CCT

Thank you for the help. I didn't mean to be vulgar. My apologies if that's how it came across.

It didn't come across as vulgar, more as a mix of arrogant and pedantic. :twisted:

Bottom line: whether you install everything or almost nothing, it really should not have any ill-effect on you being a "minimalist". And as you can see from CCT's list, you can largely determine yourself what to install or not. But even if you install everything, you are still free to choose not to use it.