Logic X Rewire?!

paul6891

Hi,

This is probably a daft question, but since installing Logic X doesn't mean that you have to replace Logic 9, does anyone here know if it is possible to rewire Logic 9 and Logic X?

It would help with the 32bit plugin issue anyway. It's the best thing that I can think of without buying something like Vienna Ensemble Pro or a cheap DAW such as Ableton and rewiring through that.

If anyone else has any other suggestions it would be most welsome.

Thanks,

Paul

But rewire works? I opened Logic first, and ableton in second time. I create an audio track in ableton 9 and I searched Rewire output, but it wasn't. So I created an aux track in logic but in input there wasn't ableton track. What can I do? thank you very much

Rewire is not working for me either. it does not show up as an option on aux channel inputs if you launch Logic X from a 'clean' start. However if you launch Logic 9 (in which rewire still works fine), close it and then relaunch Logic X rewire shows up on aux channels but is greyed out and still doesn't work. I surmise there is some sort of conflict going on here. A solution would be great. :)

Rewire is not working for me either. it does not show up as an option on aux channel inputs if you launch Logic X from a 'clean' start. However if you launch Logic 9 (in which rewire still works fine), close it and then relaunch Logic X rewire shows up on aux channels but is greyed out and still doesn't work. I surmise there is some sort of conflict going on here. A solution would be great. :)

You need to enable Rewire in Logic's Audio preferences (by default the preference is set to "Off"). Put it either in Playback Mode or Live Mode (whichever suits you best) then disable Core Audio (click Apply Changes). Re-enable Core Audio and close the window (this will apply changes again).

You should now see the Rewire audio buses of any available Rewire slaves appear (and work!) as input options in aux channels.

J.

• 3 months later...

I am currently struggling with a serious Plogue Bidule situation.

I've been using Logic Pro x as a master application and Plogue as a slave through Rewire.

I'd just drop my 32 bit plugins into Plogue and wire them up to 'Bidule Rewire"

All of a sudden today, the Plogue Bidule Device folder no longer appears in Logic Pro X! AHHH!

Ive tried updating Rewire (which fixed it until i closed and reopened LPX).

Reinstalling Logic AND Plogue.

Turning Core Audio off/on!

I have no idea where to go next with this. Desperately in need of help!

here is my post with screenshots:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101133