Delete double-triggered MIDI notes?

Nola111

When playing my V-drums into Logic (or any DAW for that matter) my kick drum MIDI notes are always double-triggered due to a highly over-sensitive kick drum trigger. I tried reducing the sensitivity of the trigger in the drum brain but unfortunately it goes straight to under-sensitive with no happy medium.

I seem to remember from a video somewhere there being a pretty quick function or edit in the Piano Roll that could be done to delete double triggers, such that I would select all the C1 notes, then perform said function, and the double triggers would be gone. I want to say that it was something more intuitive than just telling Logic to delete notes that are beneath a certain velocity, but I could be wrong.

Any reminders would be great appreciated!

I should clarify in case it helps anyone else that obviously my double-triggered kicks always result in overlapping notes, which is why the above works. It's not necessarily going to be the case that any double-triggered MIDI note of any controller is always going to end up as two overlapping notes.

• 1 month later...
I found it - Edit -> Select -> Overlapping Notes... Delete. Easy.

Much needed post for me.How do I delete just the overlapping notes.It selects the notes ,but when I hit delete all the notes that are selected get deleted.I need one layer to stay.Anyway to do it?

Just tested that here in Logic 10.0.4 (can you please update your signature to include the subversion of Logic 10 you're using?).

If I use that command only one of two overlapping notes gets selected.

Also, if I use the command to delete duplicates (Edit > Delete MIDI Events > Duplicates) on notes of the same pitch and position, only one of them gets deleted.

J.