Where to save a Project template? [SOLVED]

Falk

Hi!

I'm trying to make a new project template, but I can't seem to find the place to store it...

The manual says:

----------------------------------------

Save a project as a template

Choose File > Save As Template (or use the corresponding key command), then enter a name.

In the Project Chooser, click My Templates to view and access templates you have created.

You can organize your templates in folders with the Create Folder button in the Save As Template dialog. When all your user templates are placed in subfolders, the subfolder names are shown below the factory collections.

Tip: You can add descriptive text to your templates by adding a comment to the project file in the Finder. The Templates dialog displays the icon assigned to a template file, making it easy to change if you wish. For more information on how to add a comment to a file, or change the icon of a file, see Mac Help.

---------------------------------------

But it doesn't say where to save it....

I tried to save it to macintosh HD/library/applicationsupport/logic/projecttemplates but then Logic says:

Please choose a location in the template folder or one of it's sub folders.

I guess it wants to be stored in the user library but I can't seem to choose that folder....

It does not say where because you should not change the location: when you choose File > Save As Template, the correct location is automatically chosen and you should simply give your template a name, and save it, without changing the default location.

I tried to save it to macintosh HD/library/applicationsupport/logic/projecttemplates but then Logic says:

Please choose a location in the template folder or one of it's sub folders.

Close the dialogs and choose File > Save As Template again, and this time do not touch the saving location, just give the template a name and click Save.

I guess it depends on your version of Logic? I was answering for Logic 10.0.3. I can tell you where to save your templates after you click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.3)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.8.4)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

• 5 years later...
Hey there, I've been trying to solve a very similar issue, have been trying to save custom patch's and templates while following some tutorials but my folder structure is missing as well. When I go to save something it just shows where I have been saving recent projects, when I go to home/music/audio music apps in my finder it appears to be empty but actually get the spinning rainbow and my finder freezes. Is there a way I can re-construct or reset my Logic folders, using Logic Pro X 10.0.0, macbook pro 10.14.3. Thanks in advance