Show used automation (midi control) for external synths

Parkol

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my English, I try to explain my problem.

Last versions of Logic were fine, but Logic Pro X makes me mad.

For example I draw automation parameter on external midi track for my hardware synth. And it will be 102 param. After that I add one more param, for example 104 and etc... I hide Automation on the track and when I want to correct my curves and push A to see which parameters were used I see only the last automation param. If I forgot the number of all my automation parameters (midi controls) - I will need to check all of 127 midi control tracks to find them. I remember that in Logic 9 it was easier or I need to turn on few functions...

How can I see all used automation (midi controls) for my external synths?

I will be glad any help. Thank you.

Hi,

Looks like the behavior has changed in the latest versions of Logic Pro X (10.1.0 and 10.1.1).

Here's how it worked in 10.0.7:

ExtMIDIAuto10.7.0.thumb.gif.2b08cd86cfb9aaf886395eb6b24f81a2.gif

And here's 10.1.1:

ExtMIDIAuto.thumb.gif.6f1b94d39af04518657feaeb88f95722.gif

Probably related to all the changes done to the automation in 10.1.0. I would consider this a bug.

As a workaround, you could create new tracks for the same channel strip and automate a parameter per track. You could also Create a Track Stack to be able to show and hide these "automation tracks":

ExtMIDIAutoWA.thumb.gif.4396a193c14c0a3a7448272a0ad7f659.gif

J.

Thank you. I tried to do that.

After I choose parameters I can't find them under the track as it was in Logic 9. I can create few tracks with different automation parameters, but I have to remember every parameter.. It's not comfortable. I recorded the video to show what's happened when I decide to see used automation. There is no number, no link...

Thank you very much. I will ask them. Also it would be very nice if they will ad patch change to External instrument plugin. I need to create minimum 2 tracks for one instrument (hardware synth), one for choosing the patch and second for audio/midi effects which is strange for me... :? :)

Also it would be very nice if they will ad patch change to External instrument plugin. I need to create minimum 2 tracks for one instrument (hardware synth), one for choosing the patch and second for audio/midi effects which is strange for me

Yeah, that would be nice. But still, you can put it in your region and change it from the Event List.

J.

• 5 months later...

I was waiting for that, but they didn't fix it in 10.2... That's sad, I think it's much mire important then adding new soft synth and etc... Are there any key commands like Show used automation or smth in 10.2?

It's so hard to work with extenral synths, especially when you automate many filters. The problem is still here.