Status, March 2015? Logic Pro X and Yosemite

SideBMusic

What is the consensus now (as of March 2015) of Logic Pro X and Yosemite compatibility? I have been holding out upgrading to Yosemite due to the problems I read a few months back. There are features I would like to use in Yosemite, but if it still creates problems with Logic Pro X I will continue to wait.

What is the consensus now (as of March 2015) of Logic Pro X and Yosemite compatibility? I have been holding out upgrading to Yosemite due to the problems I read a few months back. There are features I would like to use in Yosemite, but if it still creates problems with Logic Pro X I will continue to wait.

This will generally vary based on your system (machine, plugins, etc) so it's kinda hard to say. For me, Logic 10.1.1 and Yosemite 10.10.2 are working out very well.

From what I've seen so far, third party interfaces and plugins can cause many problems if they are not compatible.

nothing's perfect, but overall...LX and yosemite work really well together here; have been enjoying a fast, stable experience (despite an occasional 3rd-party plugin issue). i miss the preview/quicklook function (broken in 10.10.2), but again, overall, it's great.

Is the preview/quicklook in the OS (like previewing images from Finder) or are you referring to something related to Logic X?

nothing's perfect, but overall...LX and yosemite work really well together here; have been enjoying a fast, stable experience (despite an occasional 3rd-party plugin issue). i miss the preview/quicklook function (broken in 10.10.2), but again, overall, it's great.

Is the preview/quicklook in the OS (like previewing images from Finder) or are you referring to something related to Logic X?

it's in the OS, ie in a finder window, LX on OS X 10.10.2 does NOT show a preview, or a quicklook image. the quicklook thing is fixed in the 10.10.3 beta...but NOT preview... :roll: