How do you feel about Logic X's mixer compared to Logic 9?

Cobalt

Now that Logic X has been out for some time, I'm curious to hear your opinions on some of the changes.

I'm still a very happy Logic 9 user, and one of the main things that has dampened my upgrade-lust (aside from that tacky drummer thing >_<) is the look of Logic X's mixer. The "virtual realisism" is a minor gripe but I'm really hesitant about the way they've restructured the meters and gain faders. I've grown fond of seeing the numerical gain amount on the fader itself.

(Also, have they raised the overload amounts beyond the +6dB?)

I'd love to hear as many people's opinions as possible, from all levels of user. How did you like the transition?

Also, have they raised the overload amounts beyond the +6dB?)

Yes, I believe it's now +99 dBFS.

I personally liked the transition. The Gain reading at the top of the fader took a bit of getting used to but now I'm fine with it. And I like that if you want to enter a numeric value for your gain, you can double-click the fader, or anywhere in the fader area to highlight and change the gain value.

Yes, I believe it's now +99 dBFS.

I personally liked the transition. The Gain reading at the top of the fader took a bit of getting used to but now I'm fine with it. And I like that if you want to enter a numeric value for your gain, you can double-click the fader, or anywhere in the fader area to highlight and change the gain value.

Good info, David, thanks.

To you or anyone: is it possible to hide the track symbols in the mixer? those of us who use use 13" screens would appreciate that! :wink:

Logic x default mixer and arrangement are looking like a toy compared to 9. Awful colors and useless symbols all over the place.

I'm on X since it came out and it took me 3 weeks to get back to my ususal speed and to get rid of everything I don't need. My X template is clean and fast and I really would never go back to 9.

I edit a lot and fades with flex tool in Logic 9 was a complete mess with clicks and bugs. Much better in X.

+1 for x

Awful colors

I agree about the colors (the ones you choose to color your regions, tracks or channel strips) being quite awful. :(

Hopefully it's like Logic 9 where you can double-click a cell in the palette to choose a custom color? I've talked to users who don't know that trick.

thanks again.

Good feedback from everybody. I think I'll finally make the switch! sometime...

Edited by Cobalt