Logic Pro X/Microkorg Help

awolmatty

Hello there,

Wondering if anyone could help me out with this please.. basically I have a microkorg and Logic. There is a modelling synth pad on Logic Pro X called 'Airways' which my band uses for a couple of songs in our recordings/live set.. is there a possibility where I would be able to get this pad (Or a sound very similar) onto my microkorg without the use of a laptop and midi interface on stage. If you need a sound of the pad, i can upload one for you to hear.

I am quite a rookie when it comes to my knowledge on creating patches on the Microkorg and midi…if anybody could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Matt

There is no way you can open a preset from a completely different synth. This goes for almost any combination of hardware and/or software synths, even from the same brand.

All you can ever hope to achieve is to create a similar(ish) sound on the Korg, using its VOX and DWGS waves in Osc 1.

In this case that may be quite challenging though, as the Airways patch is a Sculpture-based sound, and Sculpture is a softsynth that creates sound in a very different way from "normal" subtractive/wavetable synths (which is what the MK is, as I understand from Korgs' description: http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/microkorg/page_1.php ). But, you can always try.

Archived