Bouncing 2 regions to a single Mono Track in Logic Pro X

karlinave

Hello,

I have two questions. First, some background about what I am trying to do:

I have a series of musical excerpts that I would like to bounce, each to a single mono track. Each excerpt is comprised of two software instrument tracks. Both of these tracks contain a region in Steinway Piano, one for the "right hand" and one for the "left hand", thus creating a very simple musical excerpt. To do this, I have been bouncing the project split and then discarding the L track, and only using the R track.

1) Is there a better way to do this? Ideally I would like to simply bounce the two regions simultaneously to the same mono file, but I have not found a better way to do so thus far. I have tried setting the Output to mono (which as far as I can tell, is indicated by the one circle as opposed to the two intersecting circles), but that doesn't seem to work.

2) I am having trouble with my current method. In one of my musical excerpts, I bounce in the same format as I described above, but it somehow is only bouncing one region to the R track and both regions to the L track. How is this even possible, and more importantly, how do I stop it from happening. I have tried everything, from copy/pasting my regions to a different project that did not produce this problem, to recomposing the musical excerpt all-together, and for some reason this one musical excerpt keeps giving me this same issue. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Does anyone have a solution?

I know there are many posts about mono tracks, but I could not seem to find one that addressed my particular issue. If someone could let me know either how to fix 2), or a better option than 1), it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!