Instruments' modulations

xenide

Hi folks I'm new to logic pro here. So I'm using the instrument Tube Bass, and it has 6 modulations according to the musical typing keyboard. I wanna use one modulation in the earlier parts of the music and then switch to another modulation for a later part. What's the right way to do that without having 2 separate tracks?

Those keys in the musical typing window send preset values of the MIDI modulation parameter, which is normally controlled by a mod wheel on a hardware MIDI keyboard. What you should do is record those modulation values.

So, let's say you want to use Modulation #4 at bar 2 and modulation #7 at bar 5:

1) press any modulation key but #4 (for example press #3).

2) start recording and press key #4 just before bar 2 => That modulation value is recorded on the track.

3) continue recording and press key #7 just before bar 5 => That modulation value is recorded on the track.

You'll probably want to merge that region containing your modulation with the one containing your MIDI notes, so before you record the modulation, choose File > Project Settings > Recording and set Overlapping Recordings to "Join with Selected Region."