usb keyboard

danyg

This is not really a Logic issue but maybe some can help.

I have connected an external USB keyboard (for typing) to my laptop and the NUM block does not work as expected.

Instead of going to the markers 1-9 (what I programmed in the shortcuts) it reacts like 1,2,3,4,5,6 to change the screensets.

I read all the OSX forums (press clear, F6, hold clear for 4 sec,...) but nothings helps

Any ideas?

What you describe is actually the expected behavior: in LPX, the default key commands are:

- Numbers at the top of the alpha-numerical section = screenset recall,

- Numeric keypad on an extended keyboard = go to marker.

You can customize those key commands in the key command window: make sure you select the recall screenset key command, and click "Learn by key label" and press the key on the numeric keypad.

Thank you David, I don't want to customize them. The external numeric keypad "acts" like the alpha-numerical. My laptop does not recognize the difference between both.

Even if I go to the key commands customize window... I choose "Go to Marker Number 1". When I use learn and press "1" on the alpha-numeric Logic says "key in use for screen set 1"

It's an OS issue I think

Have you checked in Apple’s System Preferences/ Keyboard section with the extended keyboard plugged in ?

There might be a new option there you can select ?

See if there is a “+” (plus sign) at the bottom to select a new keyboard assignment.

Just trying to help…..

Oops sorry I misunderstood your original post.

Even if I go to the key commands customize window... I choose "Go to Marker Number 1". When I use learn and press "1" on the alpha-numeric Logic says "key in use for screen set 1"

Are you using "Learn by key position"? That's what you should be using here, and not "Learn by Key Label".

I’m with David on his suggestion for “Learn by key position” also ..

You are quite sure it’s a good working keyboard ?

When David says His’ works as expected, is an important clue.

The software I suggested is typically used when a laptop keyboard has gotten damaged, like from a spill, but it still may get you what you want. I hope you are using usual backup procedures.

When David says His’ works as expected, is an important clue.

Yes, and a bit more info:

I'm plugging a Mac Pro Apple extended wired USB keyboard into a Mac Book Air that runs Logic Pro X 10.1.1 on 10.10.2. I'm not changing any of the default "U.S." key command preset. The numeric keypad go to makers, while the alphanumeric keys access the screensets, as expected.

yes David I tried your suggestion. Something strange is happening.

When I use "key Label" the key-shortcut says simply "1" for both "1s" on the keyboard.

When I use "key position" the key-shortcut says "#1" for both "1s" (.... a 1 with that alpha symbol in front of it)

but it should regognize the difference between "1" and "#1"

the alphanumeric "#1" also wnats to replace the normal "1" and vice verca. (already in use)

When I use "key Label" the key-shortcut says simply "1" for both "1s" on the keyboard.

When I use "key position" the key-shortcut says "#1" for both "1s" (.... a 1 with that alpha symbol in front of it)

Ok, so far, everything normal.

but it should regognize the difference between "1" and "#1"

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you learn one of the "1" with key position (#1) then you should learn the other "1" with key position also (#1).

the alphanumeric "#1" also wnats to replace the normal "1" and vice verca. (already in use)

I'm not sure what you mean here either. If you have one key command learned as key label and the other as key position you're going to run into conflicts, since you'll have two commands assigned to the same key. Make sure you learn both "1" keys as key positions.