Can not delete Mackie Control from Control Surface

SCORE010

Hi,

I have rather a strange problem. I have been using Logic ever since version 4 (back in the Windows days) and I have never experienced what I'm experiencing now.

I've enclosed a screenshot (don't forget to scroll to the RIGHT as well....yeah.....that bad...) That's how my Control Surface looks like nowadays....ever since I recently upgraded to Logic Pro X.

The problem is that I have only:

1 Mackie Control Universal

2 x Mackie Control Extender

All others can be deleted. And usually you can (right click/ delete) but the delete is greyed out....

It's really frustrating because every time I start up Logic I'm getting all the errors because of the 'bad midi connections' even thought I'd love to get rid of them.

What I've tried so far:

Tried to right click/ delete = not an option (greyed out)

Threw away com.apple.logic.pro.cs = no change

Threw away com.apple.logic10.plist = no change

Preferences/ Initialize all except key commands = no change

I would really appreciate some help here because it's driving me NUTS. Can you imagine all the errors you get every time? :(

Thanks!

1010236660_Screenshot2015-03-0618_53_22.thumb.png.787e47863e6c3f87f3df9c0ee0a291b1.png

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the swift reply.

I wanted to reply with " but that's one of the steps I already did' And I did.....(see my initial post...) But I gave it a try anyway and it helped! I'm happy that my initial post showed proof of that I already tried this, but I have no explanation why it worked this time and not 30 minutes ago...

I scanned all models (because only 1 extender was recognized) et voila.....done..... But do you happen to know why I can not manually delete these anymore? The delete option is still greyed out strangely enough......

thanks!

I wanted to reply with " but that's one of the steps I already did' And I did.....(see my initial post...) But I gave it a try anyway and it helped! I'm happy that my initial post showed proof of that I already tried this, but I have no explanation why it worked this time and not 30 minutes ago...

You probably didn't quit Logic Pro X before trashing the file.

I scanned all models (because only 1 extender was recognized) et voila.....done..... But do you happen to know why I can not manually delete these anymore? The delete option is still greyed out strangely enough......

thanks!

I have not the faintest idea why but I'm glad you sorted it out. :)