Converting MIDI to AUDIO (waves)

AlexanderHuerta88

Hello there!

I need to do some fading on a MIDI track and I read, that in order to do so, I need to convert the MIDI track to an Audio track.

I tried to do so by doing the following in Logic Pro X: File - Export - Track as Audio File, but that did not help me...

Setup am working on:

MacMini 2.6GHz

8gig RAM

OS X Yosemite 10.10

Is there an other way to convert the tracks, or do you have any other ides of how I can solve my problem ? Any help is appreciated!

/Alexander

Are you trying to fade out the end of a song? If so there's a simple way.

You don't have to convert it

Click: Global tracks and check out the blue line un the "tempo" section. It works the same way as Automation so make a couple of nodes at the end of the song and drag the line the "fade out" the song

If you're converting MIDI the right click and go the EXPORT as Audio that's correct. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. What kind of file do you get? AIFF ? Export it to your desktop and then drag it back in onto you project to a new track !

Click: Global tracks and check out the blue line un the "tempo" section. It works the same way as Automation so make a couple of nodes at the end of the song and drag the line the "fade out" the song

No. That's the Global Tempo track.

I need to do some fading on a MIDI track and I read...

You can just select your region and use region or track automation to achieve this.

Setup am working on:

MacMini 2.6GHz

8gig RAM

OS X Yosemite 10.10

Please add this and the version of Logic to your signature.

Click this link to your signature.

Is there an other way to convert the tracks, or do you have any other ides of how I can solve my problem ? Any help is appreciated!

You can try bounce in place if you need to convert MIDI to audio.

Archived