Moving a shelf control to another shelf

benbravo

Hi there MainStage experts,

Simple question, everything is in the thread's title... I am somehow unable to do it and didn't find any information about it anywhere and I find this quite annoying.

I started out a project and made a custom layout, not really thinking about the position of the elements as I drew shelf controls onto the workspace (3 keyboards, expression pedals, wheels and buttons). I have now a complex concert with many patches and mappings. As I tried to reorganize the workspace to make it look a little bit neater and better organized I find myself somehow unable to take a shelf control and drag it or copy/paste it onto another shelf, to make this (stupid) 3D thing look better. The only solution I come up with is to delete the screen control and drag a new one instead, but this is no solution as I lose then all my mappings on the other side...

Is there a way to do this?? Seems impossible to me that there wouldn't be a way. I am surely missing something here.

Thanks for the help :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just played with this to figure it out. when you click on the shelf control you see the shelf lines (white) above and below the object. This can be tricky, but clicking the top line and dragging it will move the shelf boundary. As with anything in the layout screen, it takes about 10 tries to click on it lol. I find clicking slightly above the line seems to work.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
I tried every possible combination of commande-option-ctrl-shift click, nothing does what I want. I found ou a useful function though: if you option-click a control, you can duplicate it onto the shelf of your choice by moving it around before you release the mouse. This doesn't make the original control go anywhere though. bummer. Edited by benbravo

. What about just holding command and clicking on the controls you want to move at the same time?

now I see what you mean, I misread your post, sorry about that. yes i might get to a solution that way. I eventually came to a layout that works for me. I like my MainStage concerts to look good when ready to go onstage ;) This is not a huge issue, just annoying. It would just make so much sense to be able to freely move your controls around anytime...