How Loop All Regions Between Locators?

logicquestions

Hello,

Apologies for the beginner's question, but still trying to find the best way to do this. I'll often record a bunch of tracks on various instruments, and then drag the Cycle bar around the project to try to find interesting loops. Once I've found one, I want to loop that section 8 or 16 times to then try recording other stuff on top of it. Is there a simple way to grab everything between locators and repeat?

Some of the audio regions start towards the end of area between the locators...so this might complicate things?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's a screenshot:

648311919_ScreenShot2015-03-08at6_21_42PM.png.0476e5c2ad1a8873fe64630ce88e5c25.png

There could be different approaches.

One that comes to mind:

-Bounce between locators.

-Import the resulting audio file on a discrete audio track.

-Click-hold to drag, the upper-right corner of that newly created audio region, with your mouse (turning into a loop pointer if positioned at the proper location over the region).image.jpg.f187c3c4078fa370a5f5bc9c979e0bcf.jpg

Alternately, you could check the Loop parameter in that region's inspector.image.jpg.f187c3c4078fa370a5f5bc9c979e0bcf.jpg

image.jpg.fb06e316e568cc4cb63d64535bb6254b.jpg

I tried blinkofani's approach and I almost got what I wanted, but not quite.

I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but can anyone tell me why I get an extra, short bit of audio before the section I want repeated? It throws the whole thing off...

Here's another screenshot. Thanks!

1113553481_ScreenShot2015-03-08at11_12_10PM.png.b84b3b63232b9ce62253d0f44500d044.png

Sorry for the late reply on my end, I appreciate the assistance.

Atlas007, do you mean to resize the locators?

Is there a way to manually type in the exact bar number length of the locator section? I want this to be precisely two bars. I usually just zoom in as much as I can and drag it until it reads 2, but I'm wondering if there is a more precise way to do this.

Also, maybe the reason it is giving me an extra bit of audio before the loop starting point is because I set up Snap (?) parameters to only bring audio to the beginning of a certain measure? I feel like there's some way to get rid of that option, but I'm not sure where...

Thanks again for reading

Sorry for the late reply on my end, I appreciate the assistance.

Atlas007, do you mean to resize the locators?

I mean resize the region.
Is there a way to manually type in the exact bar number length of the locator section? I want this to be precisely two bars. I usually just zoom in as much as I can and drag it until it reads 2, but I'm wondering if there is a more precise way to do this.
Working in the Event List editor (at the upper region level) would allow more precision into positionning and resizing the regions.
Also, maybe the reason it is giving me an extra bit of audio before the loop starting point is because I set up Snap (?) parameters to only bring audio to the beginning of a certain measure? I feel like there's some way to get rid of that option, but I'm not sure where...
Perhaps the Zero Crossing parameter is at play here?

Archived