Recording MIDI from a one channel to another

PaperThin88

I was wondering if there is anyway to send the signal from one channel and record it as a MIDI into another channel? Basically, I have a region with an arpeggiator on it and I want to route the signal so that it records the notes that the arp plays as a MIDI. Is that possible at all?

Thank you for any insight and for any help.

Okay, so it technically does what I want. However, for instance, I have Session Keys in Kontakt and when I turn on the animator, I want to record the articulation as a MIDI. The plug-in records the MIDI, but it just ended up recording the same events I have already on the piano roll.

To be more clear, an example would be lets say I play a C chord with the auto-chord function in Session Keys (thus, I only fill in a single note on the piano roll) but then I am able to record the event as C-E-G in the MIDI file. Any suggestions?

Also, I don't mind buying plug-ins and I also have the whole suit of Waves, but not sure if any of those can do that (maybe Waves Tune?)

Okay, so it technically does what I want. However, for instance, I have Session Keys in Kontakt and when I turn on the animator, I want to record the articulation as a MIDI. The plug-in records the MIDI, but it just ended up recording the same events I have already on the piano roll.

MIDI FX Freeze will only record MIDI from other MIDI FX plug-ins, which is the only type of plug-in that outputs MIDI in Logic. Some plug-ins have a virtual MIDI port that appears at Logic's sequencer input just like any other MIDI device port, and these can be used to work around this MIDI routing limitation. However, the plug-in version of Kontakt does not have such a virtual port. The standalone version does. But still, you need to make sure that animator script can actually output MIDI. I don't have Session Keys so cannot tell you.

Also, I don't mind buying plug-ins and I also have the whole suit of Waves, but not sure if any of those can do that (maybe Waves Tune?)

Waves Tune can take MIDI input but only outputs audio as far as I know.

J.

Ahh, okay. Thanks again man. I know where the animator MIDIs are for Session Keys, so I can try and decode it haha. But because there are 3 different complexity levels, the MIDI is super clustered. Maybe someone knows how to easily extract the articulation. But anyways, your the man, much thanks

Archived