Snap and Drag in Editor Window

zurdyo

Hey all,

I'm going slightly mad because I could swear I had the Snap and Drag drop down menus in the Editor Window as well, but they're not there anymore. I'm attempting to edit some audio samples and it will only snap to beats. Can anyone throw me a bone as to where they've gone?

Thanks,

Z

Looks like an oversight to me, if you are talking about the Audio Track Editor.

You can assign key commands to change snap modes and they will work.

This is what I mean:

http://i58.tinypic.com/4l0v12.jpg

The Audio Track Editor never had snap or drag menus. Would be nice to have them there though!

Ok, thanks Davide, then I imagine that what I select on the top window should reflect in edit one, right? Have you got any idea as to why on top I can resize audio files to ticks, while on the bottom it only snaps to beats?

then I imagine that what I select on the top window should reflect in edit one, right?

No. But as Eric suggested you can use your Snap key commands to determine the snap mode in the Audio Track Editor.

Have you got any idea as to why on top I can resize audio files to ticks, while on the bottom it only snaps to beats?

You can use key commands to set the desired snapping, or use Control or Control-shift as you're editing to temporarily disable the snapping.

No. But as Eric suggested you can use your Snap key commands to determine the snap mode in the Audio Track Editor.

Ok, then this is one place I'm lost. I've searched online for what exactly "Snap key commands" are and I'm having a hard time finding the ones that relate to what we're talking about.

You can use key commands to set the desired snapping, or use Control or Control-shift as you're editing to temporarily disable the snapping.

I've tried this option, but when I attempt to shorten/lengthen an audio file, pressing Control opens a pop-up menu, and pressing Control-shift activates the fade tool.

Thanks for the help and the patience,

Z

Ok, then this is one place I'm lost. I've searched online for what exactly "Snap key commands" are and I'm having a hard time finding the ones that relate to what we're talking about.

Choose Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit. In the search box, enter "Snap." You can now select a snap key command, click "Learn by Key Label" and type your desired key shortcut to assign it to that command.

1053402679_SnapKeyCommands.png.a324ae6b6400ae7d707cf4e23f67777a.png

I've tried this option, but when I attempt to shorten/lengthen an audio file, pressing Control opens a pop-up menu, and pressing Control-shift activates the fade tool.

Start resizing, and as you're holding the mouse button down, hold down Control or Control-Shift, and continue resizing.

Ok, thanks for that!

For some reason the "Learn by Key Label" didn't work, but I saw that cmd+G disables the snap mode altogether, which works fine for me.

Even the Cntrl and Ctrl-Shift didn't work, as they didn't snap to beats, but did snap to the timeline ticks.

I'm good with this. Thanks again! :)

Archived