Scrub Not Producing Audio in Logic X [SOLVED]

solovey

Hello,

I have the latest Logic X running an Apollo using a Mackie MCU Pro control surface with an extender module. Everything is woking great with the exception of the Scrub / Jog wheel in Logic X.

The play head does in fact move forwards and backwards when scrub is engaged but I hear no audio. I have tried putting Logic in Play / Pause mode and still not audio when scrubbing.

I used this a lot in Logic 9. I do a lot of dialog editing for film.

Any assistance or pointers would be most welcome.

Harmoniously,

Richard

Hi David,

Thank you so much ! I did not have the Preferences / Audio / Editing TAB "Scrubbing with Audio in tracks area" checked! I have been tying to figure this out for days....

This solved the problem and it is working like before.

Harmoniously,

Richard

• 6 months later...
Is pause engaged? Also make sure that under Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio, "Editing" tab, you've selected "Scrubbing with audio in Tracks area"?

How 'bout scrubbing audio in the Audio File Editor? The speaker icon pops up (ugh… how cute) but no audio. Also, one of the more important features which I've used forever is Cmd-option clicking the wave file before the end of the selected region in order to audition the selection up to the end of that region. It doesn't work. It DOES, however, start playing AFTER the end of the region, which, if I remember correctly, could be accomplished by Cmd-clicking AFTER the end of your selection (I really don't want to open LP9 to dbl-check right now… ha!). It makes working in the Sampl--uh, I mean Audio File Editor incredibly frustrating.

Any suggestions? Maybe there's a "feature"/menu option/etc. that I missed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :D

Is pause engaged? Also make sure that under Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio, "Editing" tab, you've selected "Scrubbing with audio in Tracks area"?

How 'bout scrubbing audio in the Audio File Editor?

No double posts. Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#3) Continue this discussion in the thread you posted there.