Producer kits disappeared...? please help.

hoges1

Hi, i've lost my producer kits suddenly... i'm thinking it could have something to do with me "cleaning my mac" and wiping garage band off the HD to get more space...? anybody know how i can reinstall them pls? I would be much obliged.

thanks.

Hi David, thanks for your fast reply! (and congrats on your book by the way!!)

i've tried reinstalling, but I still don't get the producer kits option in the library... I tried changing to multi out rather than stereo to no avail.

weird.

• 4 weeks later...

hello again,

i'm still having this problem... under the drum kit library menu i used to be able to choose "producer kits", and then select the kit i wanted to use, with all its glorious mix-options... but alas, after i did a hard drive "clean", they're gone. i've tried reinstalling all the "additional content", even the stuff that was already installed, but to no avail.

suggestions please?

otherwise I guess my last option is to completely erase Logic and reinstall everything with updates and additional content, but i'd rather not if i can avoid it...

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem on Yosemite 10.10.3 with Logic Pro X 10.1.1.

I have no producer kits!

In the Finder, go to Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Logic:Patches:Drum Kit is empty.

Also the default location I'm sent to from the finder, Music > Audeo Music Apss > Plug In Settings > Drum Kit Designer folder is empty as well.

I'm trying to "download additional content" (even though it thinks I have everything already.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated....

• 1 month later...
It's weird, my producer kit folder appears empty if i search in Finder inside Logic, but if i go through OS browser, the Kits are there...can't find a solution to access them... :(

It sounds like spotlight isn't finding the kits.... I would check the permissions on the Producer Kit folder? Unfortunately I reinstalled the Mac where I had this issue so I never really attempted to solve it.

Thank you David, just checked and seems to be fine...

I found something new...the producer kit appears in one way, but only this one, opening an empty Software Instrument channel and opening Library - Drum Kit - Producer Kits. They appear through here. I usually don't use this library tab...

Anyway, could be some issue related with El Capitan beta, which i am using.

• 2 months later...
The Library is contextual. Make sure that you have the Channel Strip slot selected and not Drum Kit Designer in the inspector.

Unfortunately Eric, that's not the issue here. There is a bug with producer kits disappearing. I maintain about 27 Macs with Logic Pro X installed and I saw that bug on only ONE of them, but it's clearly a bug, and not pilot error.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...