Record Aux to Audio Track Only getting dry signal [SOLVED]

wh1

Hi there

I'm mixing a session and I'm having some bugs and issues with a specific plugin, so I want to print the return of the track so I can get rid of it. I'm inserting the plugin on an AUX (Bus 20) and then choosing that aux track as the input (BUS 20) on an audio track, When I hit record I'm only getting the dry signal recorded. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Here you can see a screenshot of the tracks, I blurred the name out cause I don't wanna create a negative impression on a public forum for an otherwise great product.

Thanks

screengrab.jpg.84c237930a3b04f3cebea3532fed63d7.jpg

The way you're doing it now, you're sending your dry signal to two destinations:

1) the Input of the Aux.

2) the Input of the "Return" audio track.

...so yes, you are recording the dry signal that Bus 20 carries.

What you need to do:

1) Se the Output of the Aux to a new bus.

2) Choose that new bus as the Input of the Return audio track.

hi deft_bonz or David

how would you go about bouncing an aux track as you guys were discussing? I didn't know it was possible within Logic.

deft_bonz As to your question, i thought of 2 ways of doing it, one was duplicating the track, inserting the effect, setting it to 100 wet and then bouncing in place. The other one was the recording the aux. I certainly don't mind doing either one, i asked 'cause it didn't work and i knew it was possible. I'm fairly new to logic so the geek in me is trying to learn every trick in the book.

how would you go about bouncing an aux track as you guys were discussing? I didn't know it was possible within Logic.

What Eric said. Bouncing means recording the output of Logic into an audio file. What you hear when you press play is what will be bounced. So if you solo the Aux and bounce the Output channel strip, then that's what you'll be bouncing.

deft_bonz As to your question, i thought of 2 ways of doing it, one was duplicating the track, inserting the effect, setting it to 100 wet and then bouncing in place

That sounds overkill.

The other one was the recording the aux. I certainly don't mind doing either one, i asked 'cause it didn't work and i knew it was possible.

Yes, that's a fine workflow as well.

Archived