No Waveforms

edurbrow

Any idea why I don’t see waveforms or how to get Logic to draw them? I recorded drums again today. Even when I click the reveal triangle I cannot see waveforms. Is it because I recorded in wave and everything else is AIFF? I hear them alright.

I ended up bouncing each track in place and I could then see the waveforms. It seems you have bounce in place one track at a time, right? I tried to do several at once but they ended up on one track, which makes sense, I guess. I suppose in place means bounce but leave it in the track lane, not bounce each selected track in its separate place.

So Logic can play different formats at the same time but it just cannot show the waveforms, is that correct?

Thank you Eric,

Yes, I opened it up and checked the bip and it was a wav file, so like you said nothing to do with formats.

My recording delay is set to 132 samples. But this is on my desktop. I already transferred from and erased the project on my MacBook which is what I recorded with.

Why would it be set to something other than 0? Does it have anything to do with a buffer or perhaps effect compensation? Are these settings Project preferences? Will putting it to 0 put more strain on the computer? I ask this last question because I recorded 7 tracks at the same time, which I think is pushing the limit of my MacBook Pro.

We experienced a problem of the drums being out of sync on playback today.

I'm trying to figure out what was different today from last week. We recorded a different song last week and had no problem playing it back. So if the delay setting is a project setting, that might solve that mystery.

Thanks,

Archived