Mapping Smart Controls

bhuffy2000

Hey guys,

I've been following along with the Logic Pro X book trying to learn the software. Right now I'm at page 217 stuck on mapping the controls. I've followed all the steps through three, but for some reason, all of the knobs are different than what it shows in the book. Instead of Threshold it says frequency, and all of the other knobs are different from the ones in the book (rato, filter, etc.).

I cannot figure out where I went wrong... For some reason, it also shows he's on Bus 7 while I'm on Bus 4. I don't know why that is either, or if it matters. This is what my screen looks like right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

488556840_ScreenShot2015-03-14at10_27_33AM.thumb.png.774954c839315387491e37c8f0237267.png

This is what my screen looks like.

for some reason, all of the knobs are different than what it shows in the book. Instead of Threshold it says frequency, and all of the other knobs are different from the ones in the book (rato, filter, etc.).

I can verify this here. Apparently the behavior has changed since I wrote the book. However that shouldn't prevent you from continuing the exercise. Just keep going.

For some reason, it also shows he's on Bus 7 while I'm on Bus 4. I don't know why that is either, or if it matters.

It depends what has been done previously in the project file and which busses have or haven't been used already. Again, nothing to worry about.

Good luck with the exercise and let me know if you have any further question regarding the book! :D

Archived