Change the tempo based on the loop region size [SOLVED]

Zirus

Hay all :-)

What im looking for is a quick and simple way to take the loop area as seen in the screenshot and tell logic to change the tempo from what it currently is to a tempo that means the looped section is now exactly 4 beats(1 bar), preferably starting from where the start of the loop region is set to and continuing on from there :-)

If anyone could let me know a way to do this that would be great cheers :-)

im currently going through the Lynda.com Logic Pro 9 (im using 9) essential training but i cant find it in there :-/

Cheers everyone! :-D

145496490_ScreenShot2015-03-15at05_07_58.thumb.png.09f82f44b9540f6c1c6348207b9c08cf.png

hmm, think im getting bit mixed up, ive cut the region to the length of the cycle fine (great tip on that cheer! :-D )

but im not sure im getting the next part right, also its 8 beats not 4 so im assuming i create a new cycle the size of 8 beats at the current tempo?

I think ive done it, tested with a much smaller cycle region and whats happening is the tempo is changing but thats changing the speed the region is playing back and thats not what im after, i probably didnt explain it well hehe :-)

What im looking to happen is the area i have set as a cycle is looping a midi region that "plays" and "sounds" in 4/4 and is the tempo i want xo what i want to happen is the actual grid that sits behind the region in logic as seen in the pic, to line up correctly with the region :-)

in ableton for instance the annoying way i used to do it was have the region set to one-shot so it wouldnt warp with the tempo/would stay playing at the same speed and then adjust the tempo control manually till the lines matched up to where the beats are in the region and then the tempo would match the speed of the region itself :-)

Its that that im trying to do but within logic and not in such an awefull awkward way :-)

its 8 beats not 4 so im assuming i create a new cycle the size of 8 beats at the current tempo?

Yes.

I think ive done it, tested with a much smaller cycle region and whats happening is the tempo is changing but thats changing the speed the region is playing back and thats not what im after, i probably didnt explain it well hehe :-)

Oops. Ok so before you adjust your tempo, select the MIDI region and choose Region > Lock SMPTE Position.

Archived