User Patches not saving my Reaktor FX inserts?

theupgrade

Maybe I have found my first bug. But it seems that Logic does not want to include Reaktor FX insert when I save the Bus as a Patch. Becuase when I load it there are no inserts. Can someone please give it a try?

Moreover, I found that the patches are behaving strange when it saves the strip settings when it comes to other inserts as well.

Have you updated your LPX to current verson (10.1.1)? If so, updating your signature could be advisable.

Reaktor is flaky when comes to work with Logic patch recall. Have you tried saving the Reaktor settings within Reaktor's own patch library format, then as a Logic's patch setting?

Could you elaborate on what you mean about "behaving strange when it saves the strip settings"?

Have you updated your LPX to current verson (10.1.1)? If so, updating your signature could be advisable.

Reaktor is flaky when comes to work with Logic patch recall. Have you tried saving the Reaktor settings within Reaktor's own patch library format, then as a Logic's patch setting?

Could you elaborate on what you mean about "behaving strange when it saves the strip settings"?

"Flaky" is just the middle name. You can't even save and load a Reaktor FX preset as a patch. I saved it as a ensemble and preset in Reaktor before saving it as patch. When I load it it takes the strip settings from the track which is sending to the bus?! :shock: Here's the curveball, it works fine when I save & load as channel strip setting...

I am losing it here. I have spent 2 days trying to organize my strip settings to make my music sound more consistent when mixing. So here is the question I trying to answer, are we suppose to use patches or channel strip settings when saving presets for buses? Also, why are the different strip settings seperated from eachother, what are we gaining from it? (e.g master output settings, patches, channel strip settings...)

"Flaky" is just the middle name...
:lol: Welcome in the club!

You can't even save and load a Reaktor FX preset as a patch. I saved it as a ensemble and preset in Reaktor before saving it as patch. When I load it it takes the strip settings from the track which is sending to the bus?! :shock: Here's the curveball, it works fine when I save & load as channel strip setting...
Just to make sure we are on the same track, you have to save as an independent Reaktor's preset (including the ensemble if desired) , which is different from a Logic's preset (in other words: which can be done totally outside of Logic). Then you load the preset in the instantiated Reaktor plugin, then save it as a Logic's preset. That should allow you to recall that Logic preset properly (almost all the time, hence "flaky" meaning). Note that the problem source is not entirely in Logic, Reaktor being some kind of a plugin host instead of a regular plugin, adding an extra complexity layer in the coding (read "bug" source).

I am losing it here. I have spent 2 days trying to organize my strip settings to make my music sound more consistent when mixing. So here is the question I trying to answer, are we suppose to use patches or channel strip settings when saving presets for buses?
Three levels of settings in LPX:

• 1-Presets: the various parameters settings pertaining to a specific plugin.
    2-Channelstrip settings: the various plugins (including their presets) instantiated on a (one) specific channelstrip.
    3-Patches: a group of channelstrip (including their instantiated plugins & their presets).

You could save a preset as a channelstrip or as a patch.

You could also save a channelstrip as a patch.

The patch will contain the channelstrip and the plugins presets settings.

In other words, #1 is included in #2, which is included in #3. How you save it is up to you.

Also, why are the different strip settings seperated from each other, what are we gaining from it? (e.g master output settings, patches, channel strip settings...)
Essentially, usefulness, especialy when you understand the way they work.

The library organization concept seems to take into account the resulting output sound type sought.

Patches allow an extensive merging function, which becomes very useful when experimenting with different channelstrips/patches combinations.

To sum up: yes confusing at first but once you get the gist of it, creativity horizons are pushed stunningly further away!

Regarding Reaktor presets in Logic, I now save presets within Reaktor as "Backups" to be on the safe side :D

Regarding 3 Levels of LPX I am just going to route everything to bus tracks and stick to channel strip settings because the "wide coverage" and superior functionality with patches makes sense when creating instruments, but for mixing presets it is not really needed. Correct me if I am wrong. Below is a visual representation of what you just described:

http://logicproexpert.beatsrusproducti.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Ed-DisplayIndicator-Image_06-04.png

Regarding Reaktor presets in Logic, I now save presets within Reaktor as "Backups" to be on the safe side :D
Smart move!

Regarding 3 Levels of LPX I am just going to route everything to bus tracks and stick to channel strip settings because the "wide coverage" and superior functionality with patches makes sense when creating instruments, but for mixing presets it is not really needed. Correct me if I am wrong.
I guess that if you use only one aux at once, that makes sense.

However it could be more convenient if you wished to recall pre-customized Aux(es) combination(s) either to (re)build a mix or to experiment with different ones.

That is where the Patch and its Merging options shine...

For this to work, you would need to pre-save as patch(es) your (group) of customized Aux(es); then from the channelstrip to route Sends to those pre-customized Aux(es).

BTW, it seems that the Patch Merging options does work on single channelstrips (saved as such) as well.

Deselecting MIDI Effects, Instruments, Audio Effects or Sends, preserves the originally instantiated corresponding item(s).

Even the preconfigured Sends Buses are preserved.

Below is a visual representation of what you just described:

Your graphic is excellent. A picture is worth a thousand words...

However it could be more convenient if you wished to recall pre-customized Aux(es) combination(s) either to (re)build a mix or to experiment with different ones.

Could you give an example of combinations of auxes? Is it a track stack with buses saved as patch?

Even the preconfigured Sends Buses are preserved.

For instruments, yes. But for buses, no. I tried this yesterday. Created a bus and created sends buses > save as patch > open in a new project. The sends are there but the buses which they send to are not there. Give it a try for yourself.

I want to start getting serious with my mixing. For that I need a workflow. I am just trying to get to the bottom with this whole channel strip settings vs patches when mixing. For instruments however patches rule!

Archived