recording click?

weez

You could simply switch the metronome on. It is on the transport control window.

If you need a few beats or bars of click before the keyboard starts just move that region forwards.

Turning it on will not record it.

Here is what I do:

1. Insert the Klopgeist audio instrument onto an Arrange track (it is assigned in Inst 128) or an EXS24 drum kit.

2. Create a 1 bar region with the pencil tool and in one of the editors create i.e. 4 quarter notes. Logic's internal defaults to G5 for the first note at a higher velocity and then C5 for the rest.

3. Loop it.

4. Choose Export Track as Audio File.

This really comes in handy btw when you are doing i.e. 12/8 at a fast tempo and you want to hear dotted quarters instead of 8th notes, which Logic will not allow you to do.

Alternately you could create a click track using ultrabeat, using the sidestick or a hi-hat to pulse on quarter notes. Then just incorporate that into the bounced track you plan on sending the drummer. Very important: DO NOT send an mp3. The timing will be off. Mp3 encoding places a couple hundred milliseconds or so in front of the actual start of the file. I learned this the hard way after paying for a very expensive day of drumming where I sent mp3s as guide tracks. I ultimately corrected it but now know to save myself the trouble by using aiff or wav files.

Unfortunatly if you use the export track as audio file you'll have an out of sync metronome or watever you export. (if you wanna test it you can do it and listen both signals). If you want your metronome as an audio file, bounce it.

Hope it helps you

Unfortunatly if you use the export track as audio file you'll have an out of sync metronome or watever you export. (if you wanna test it you can do it and listen both signals). If you want your metronome as an audio file, bounce it.

Hope it helps you

I have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you are putting a latency inducing plug-in on a bus or Output, there is no reason why the bounced click will not be dead on when exported.

If you are not getting this result there is something wrong with your setup.