midi error message on start up

funksteady

What MIDI drivers do you have installed?

Check:

/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/

Try uninstalling whatever MIDI drivers you have (possibly including drivers for audio interfaces etc), restarting, running Logic (check the error has gone) then reinstall the device drivers (making sure they are up to date etc)

hello thanks for the reply i followed your instructions and deleted the drivers and looked to see if the message was still there and it was really annoying i also re install all the newiest drier stil no luck it seem to only happen with the update before worked fine

hello thanks for the reply i followed your instructions and deleted the drivers and looked to see if the message was still there and it was really annoying i also re install all the newiest drier stil no luck it seem to only happen with the update before worked fine

You removed the MIDI drivers, rebooted your computer, ran Logic, and still got the CoreMIDI error?

I had (and have) the same problem after updating to Logic 10.1 (running on Mavericks 10.9.5), as discussed in a thread I started here several weeks ago. With me, at least, it's just a matter of getting the CoreMIDI "warmed up," and maybe this will work for you too.

Specifically, if I either:

(1) quit Logic after getting the "failed CoreMIDI initialization" error message and then IMMEDIATELY restart Logic, OR

(2) start a standalone audio program that uses midi input (for example, I have several plugins that also come with standalone versions), and THEN either quit the standalone app and immediately start Logic, or start Logic and then quit the standalone,

...then everything is fine, and CoreMIDI continues to function perfectly through my entire Logic session (no matter how long it is or how long the gaps are between when I use Midi input), until I quit Logic, and then I have to do the above process again.

I don't know why CoreMIDI is acting like this for me, but it's a minor inconvenience as far as workarounds go, so I've just kind of gotten used to it. Hope this helps..

yeah mate cheers for the help thats what i do every session and it works but be really good if it just would work first time really weird i tried messing around with the midi clock sample rates etc still no luck if u find any info give me a shout cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Funksteady,

Wow thats strange isnt it? Because I thought that the hardware would need these specific drivers to make them function. I will try this myself and see it resolves the problem.

Thanks again for your help as this problem had be bemused.

yeah i dont think korg is up to date with its drivers only started on the logic 10.1 update so could be logic too i had the problem for months but was deleting the driver in audio midi drivers not the ones in system never new there was one there till matey told me ended up selling the korg nano was always working then not and didnt really use it more hassle then its worth

Hey Funksteady,

I deleted the drivers in the Audio MIDI folder too but never even knew about the drivers in the System? How do I navigate to that System folder to delete the drivers from there too?

Many thanks.

Archived