Logic X Midi Sync Issue

eastwardaudio

Hi Guys

I am having Midi Sync Issue with Logic X. When I select Destination to ALL, the midi sync on my AMT8 goes crazy. But it works when it is selected on it's own.

I need to send it to ALL Destination at all time due to the other hardware I have in which I need sync Midi to.

Have a look at the video I've put up on Youtube. http://youtu.be/5Ybk-1kq2RY

All help will be appreciated. Thanks All

J

please go to http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/it.I/id.57/.f and file a ticket to let them know. I am not at the studio right now but I would imagine if you are and can troubleshoot the issue, on clock 2 send to your drum machine only, and on clock 1 send to 1 of the panorama signals until your drum machine goes crazy again, i am betting one of these panorama signals receiving clock is causing the midi to go haywire.

My post is here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115521

However, I have actually gone in and deleted the panorama from logics control surfaces and unplugged it and I am still getting this error, seems we both just happen to have the same keyboard and are having the same issue.

I have no idea what is going on though, because this problem only happens for me in logic, and my instruments have worked fine in the past inside logic, however it is possible Ive got something wrong in my hardware side of things, maybe have something turned on or off that I shouldn't.

This is so annoying. I have no idea what Ive done wrong.

please go to http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/it.I/id.57/.f and file a ticket to let them know. I am not at the studio right now but I would imagine if you are and can troubleshoot the issue, on clock 2 send to your drum machine only, and on clock 1 send to 1 of the panorama signals until your drum machine goes crazy again, i am betting one of these panorama signals receiving clock is causing the midi to go haywire.

I had tried taking the Panaroma out of the equation, only having the AMT8 and Microbrute (connected via usb midi) turned on, all my other midi devices are off. Core Midi only sees the AMT8 and Microbrute.

Still no luck. The minute Midi Sync Destination is selected to Send to ALL, the AMT8 sync goes whack. :?

I don't think its hard ware. It could be Logic X itself. I had things running smooth before same set up with previous versions of Logic.

Will give it a try. Thanks

It's worth a shot anyway. I have sent MIDI Clock to "all" plenty of times and never experienced any trouble. It might be one of your bits of hardware sending MIDI back into Logic and upsetting things.

At least this way you can choose what to send to. It's kind of annoying that one output, two outputs or ALL are the only choices.

I think I've found a temporary solution to this.

Basically, I removed anything that was connected to my AMT8 on Core Midi Setup. Which means I don't have the names of my hardware listed on Logic. I now just see Port Numbers of my AMT8 on Logic. I can still send midi messages to all the hardware via those ports, just that i don't have any ident of what is connected to those ports of the AMT. :?

If you look at the attached Picture, you will see I've disconnected the roll of hardware right below the AMT8.

I think Logic / Core midi is sending two rounds of sync to the AMT8. :roll:

Sigh. Oh well just have to live with it for now. :(

Thanks all :)

Midi.thumb.jpg.27154ee4ae756026ca3b451db9786310.jpg

Core Midi Setup Picture

• 2 years later...
Hey guys, sorry im reviving this thread but my nerves are in tense! It seems that none of those tricks work for me. I tried removing cables from mac audio mdi setup, tried midipipe, nothing, i get crazy timings plus one of my synths that has sequencer starts everytime i press play from bar 1. I know that this is due to SSP but it gets on me really bad. Tried in Ableton and all work like a charm. Any thoughts?

Archived