Button showing "Track" or "Region" on each track [SOLVED]

HitemTrue

I have a project where each track has a rectangular button in the track header...the button can be switched between four states. The button sits to the left of the volume slider for that track.

Four possible states:

Track (I think it says track, it was the middle of the night)

Region

Track (button turned on, showing yellow)

Region (button turned on, showing yellow)

Could not find a reference to this in the manual, since "region" and "track" are such common words.

What do these buttons do? How did they get there?

Also, I have several tracks in this same project that do not have a volume slider in the track header. Not the end of the world, since there is the mixer.

Any ideas what I have done to create this mess?

Thanks!

No, the track/region and the on/off buttons are not related to the missing volume slider.

Also, I have several tracks in this same project that do not have a volume slider in the track header. Not the end of the world, since there is the mixer.

This could be due to your track headers being too narrow to display the volume slider. Bring your mouse to the right edge of the track header, and drag toward the right to widen them, see if the sliders appear. Otherwise, Control-click the track header and choose Configure Track Headers, and make sure the volume controls are selected.

Could not find a reference to this in the manual, since "region" and "track" are such common words.

See "Switch between track-based and region-based automation": http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.1/#/lgcpb1a3f099

This could be due to your track headers being too narrow to display the volume slider. Bring your mouse to the right edge of the track header, and drag toward the right to widen them, see if the sliders appear. Otherwise, Control-click the track header and choose Configure Track Headers, and make sure the volume controls are selected.

Volume controls are selected (they do appear on some tracks). Expanding the width does not cause the missing ones to appear.