Trying Transient Editing But Track Not Lining Up

musicman67

Hey All

I am trying to quantize my guitar for the first time. When I select Transient Editing the track in the Piano Roll doesn't correspond to correct measure number. So if the guitar part/region starts at the 6th measure it says 5200 or so so down below in the piano roll. I want to be lining up that transient marker to the correct measure, right? I'm not finding much searching probably because I don't know quite how to phrase it.

I tried switching the view around to samples, measures, and minutes/seconds. They don't seem to line up. Did I just hit a button by mistake or something? If you have any info that would help I would appreciate it. I don't mind doing the leg work/research if I knew better what to search for.

I have cut -copied-pasted a couple of parts. For instance I put the 2nd verse on track 3 in the 1st verse on track 4. Put track 3 intro on track 4 etc.. Would that cause a problem in terms of showing different measures?

Thanks in advance for you time and help.

Tony

You are not doing this correctly.

First of all, you are not looking at the Piano roll, you are using the Audio Files Editor. What you see above in the time line are samples instead of bars.

Second of all, you do not need the Audio File Editor to quantize audio. You can do this directly form the Tracks area or in the Audio Track Editor.

Turn on Flex and choose polyphonic mode then you can simply use the region quantize settings to quantize, or preferably do it by hand by inserting and moving flex markers to suit your needs.

Hey Eric! I misspoke about the Piano Roll, the Audio Files Editor is what I meant., but it doesn't matter apparently because I don't need it. As for the rest - Thank you very much for all the good information once again. I'll post again once I have results for anyone who may end up following this.

Take care,

Tony