Mainstage not differentiating MIDI channels

Giacomo

Hi folks. So I'm pretty new to Mainstage still. I'm trying to get my keyboard's pads to be sending on one MIDI channel, and the keys to be sending on another, and for Mainstage to pick up the 2 channels each on their channel strip instrument.

But the problem is, Mainstage just keeps picking up all the MIDI channels for each channel strip instrument, so every instrument plays both pads and keys. In the MIDI input tab for the channel strip, I select multitimbral and the two different MIDI channels for each channel strip, but it doesnt do anything. All the channel strips just pick up all the MIDI channels no matter what I set in that little window.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Giacomo

But the problem is, Mainstage just keeps picking up all the MIDI channels for each channel strip instrument, so every instrument plays both pads and keys.

Channel strips actually listen to the keyboard or MIDI LED object in the workspace. So, first check that one: does it listen to only one MIDI port and one MIDI channel? If so, only that one is forwarded to the channel strips.