Random Freeze Track While Editing BFD3

elijames

Hi Everyone,

For the last half hour I've been editing midi notes on an instrument track with BFD3 (new purchase as of yesterday) loaded. I'm mainly shifting notes around and changing velocities and so on, and on pressing play (via the space-bar) the Freeze Track pop up window pops up and Logic goes through the freeze track process. This is only a 10 track song, 4 of which are already frozen. Anyway, when logic finishes the freezing process (which it does relatively quickly) nothing seems to have changed. There are no extra frozen tracks, just the original 4. This happened 3 times within a half hour.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eli

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I'm not trying to edit a frozen track, however. I'm not even thinking about or intending to freeze more tracks. I'm just testing out different drum pieces and velocities in BFD3 via editing an instrument track. It's just that Logic inexplicably and randomly goes through the Freeze Track process. But there is no resulting frozen track(s), not that I want one.

For example, when I finished writing the original post last night, I went back to logic to listen to the tune again. When I hit the space-bar, instead of playing the song, logic again initiated the Freeze track process. I did nothing intentional to trigger it. And after the Freeze process (progress bar) is finished, there are no resulting Frozen tracks.

Might this be a bug? I've never had this experience before, though I've edited many instrument tracks over the years.

Thanks,

Eli

• 1 month later...
What you are expecting is called "Bounce in Place". Freeze creates just a temporary file until you close the session, where it is then deleted (thus, the need to re-freeze a track when you reopen the session.) "Bounce in place" creates an audio region for the selected midi region, which renders effects and is like a snapshot. Hope that helps!