One track louder <-> another track softer?

totallogicnoob

Hi guys. I'm new to Logic and recording in general so I'm having difficulty searching for the right terms.

I have two tracks being recorded, one is an acoustic signal from the guitar thru a mic, the other is the electric signal directly into the USB interface. I want to be able to mix the two to get a blend of the sounds. How can I make it so that I can easily change the mix of acoustic/electric (without changing the overall volume I guess)

Thanks!!

You can use a VCA fader for this.

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.1.1)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

You can set up a crossfade via the Environment or you can simply use a Gain plug in set to Mono.

Depending on how you are recording the two signals will determine how you utilize things.

If you use one Stereo channel strip to record input 1 and 2 (stereo audio on one track). Then simply insert the Gain plug in and set it to Mono. the balance knob of the GAIN plug in will blend your signal.

If you use two separate channel strips to record input 1 and 2, then you will need to set both channel strip outputs to a common BUS. Each channel strip will be a mono strip with channel 1 panned hard LEFT and channel 2 panned hard Right.

The Gain plug in will be inserted on the Bus channel strip and the plugin once again set to mono. The balance knob of the GAIN plug in will blend your signal.

120430079_ScreenShot2015-03-27at4_41_45PM.png.c9dd2de582d0e178aeae7d1ea2a58a10.png