Throwback Thursdays: Logic 2.01

Good things don't need no change. I just miss the bee ;)

Most of the commands seen in the video, are still there and even still named the same

When I hear some producers talk, they sound like good music is only possible with nowadays (overwhelming) possibilities. But people were able to do great music with monochrome screens with resolution of 400x300 pixels, with very simple (compared to today) features, no plugins, etc.

The same feeling I get, when people chase for new plugins. Or ask for a new version with more and new features, when the current one is just out a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
Good things don't need no change. I just miss the bee ;)

Most of the commands seen in the video, are still there and even still named the same

When I hear some producers talk, they sound like good music is only possible with nowadays (overwhelming) possibilities. But people were able to do great music with monochrome screens with resolution of 400x300 pixels, with very simple (compared to today) features, no plugins, etc.

The same feeling I get, when people chase for new plugins. Or ask for a new version with more and new features, when the current one is just out a couple of months.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone wants updates! I don't get why. I am on 10.9.5 now, I refuse to update to Yosemite. This is the last version of Mavericks that supports Logic Pro X. And it may be the last version of Logic Pro X that will support Mavericks.

So… will I update, when an update of Logic comes out? What great new stuff will it bring to me…? Honestly, I will most likely not update. Like you said, if good music is being written and produced now, or yesterday, or 20 years ago, or 300 years ago, why shouldn't this be possible tomorrow anyway?

I'm convinced that none of that is needed. Do we use technology do make music, or do we make music to use technology? ;)