Using multiple input sources in logic pro x

longtailweasel

I'm trying to use logic pro x and my saffire pro 40 interface to do live sound. I want to play my iTunes though my interface on its own separate channel through logic. I have created an aggregate device and have combined soundflowerbed with my saffire unit. I have got iTunes to play though logic with the aggregate device selected as the input source. My problem is that the devices (soundflowerbed and the saffire) are put in a series when creating the aggregate device. This makes it so I can only choose one of whichever device is selected first when making the aggregate. So say I've clicked on soundflowerbed as the first device in the aggregate. This is the only device i have to choose inputs from. I need to use inputs from both devices. Isn't that the point of being able to create an aggregate device?

Thanks for the help.

Matt.

You should be able to select *the aggregate device* as the input source - not the individual audio drivers.

This means all available inputs (from both devices) should be available in Logic and you can record to multiple channels from both devices as you expect. The order i which the devices are combined gives you the order of inputs in Logic (ie the first device will be from inputs 1 and up, and the second devices inputs will be after the first devices inputs).

Archived