The tempo in Logic seems faster than other programs

Sy_Mercade

Ok, I made a small midi file in tuxguitar, and imported it into Logic. I had to set time signature and tempo changes manually where they were in the file. When I tried singing it in Logic, it felt a bit faster than the tuxguitar file, but I thought it might just be in my mind because everything seems faster when trying to keep up with it.

But then I decided to test it by lining up the kick drum in logic with the kick in tuxguitar, (playing it, waiting for the change, then playing the other)

I did it a couple times to be sure, and I may've just been off, but it seems that both were in sync for about the first 6 bars, and then started very noticably slipping out of sync (there were 2 kicks one after the other). Logic was faster.

Now about this song snippet, it starts in 158bpm 4/4, then has one measure of 5/4 followed by 1/4 and then remains in 148bpm 3/4 for the chorus. Could any off this cause Logic to be faster, or what? Or is Tuxguitar just slower?

Hi,

I made a small midi file in tuxguitar, and imported it into Logic. I had to set time signature and tempo changes manually where they were in the file.

To avoid having to do that, open the file instead of importing it. It's the only way the tempo, time signature, etc will be taken into account.

J.

Archived