Alternative vs 'Save As' in Logic X question

AMD

Hi everyone.

I would like to know what you all think of the new Alternatives feature in LX vs the good old 'save as' command.

If I save lots of alternatives and my project file becomes corrupt, does that mean all of my alternatives go down with it?

Thanks.

I also save a lot of alternatives, up to 30 or 40. But I never had any issues with corrupt files. But the files get pretty big by time.

So I started to split up into 3 files: Music creation, Mixdown and Mastering. Those have then multiple alternatives. This helps me also to split the different "tasks" better.

Definitely better than having a lot of separate files.

I also save a lot of alternatives, up to 30 or 40. But I never had any issues with corrupt files. But the files get pretty big by time.

So I started to split up into 3 files: Music creation, Mixdown and Mastering. Those have then multiple alternatives. This helps me also to split the different "tasks" better.

Definitely better than having a lot of separate files.

Thanks for your reply deft_bonz. Alternatives look like a great workflow. I am just worried that if I save lots of them and the project file becomes corrupt, that I will also loose all of the alternatives as well. I think for now, I will stick to the 'save as' command.

I find that I use Save As more than alternatives. It keeps the project files separated in the Finder, which works better for my workflow.

Thanks David. With the alternatives work flow, do you think that if the main project file becomes corrupt, that all of the alternatives would as well?