Setting up Behringer BCF2000 with Logic X as Control Surface

BrahmaBull9813

Hi,

I'm having a miserable time trying to get Logic Pro X to work with my control surface. I got the BCF2000 to be able to use the motorized faders to control automation options in my mixes, and it seems that Logic Pro 9 was the last version to have native support for this module.

I tried scanning the devices and manually adding a new device, but that brought me to add a device called 'Recording' and I could do nothing else from there. I don't see that Behringer provides a driver for this device, so I'm kind of backed into a corner. Can someone help me out in setting this up to work in Logic Pro X?

Thanks a ton

BB9813

I briefly owned a BCF2000. I returned it because I didn't like the way it worked with Logic without an LCD. Mind you this was a long time ago, before Logic had a little colored strip telling you which channels are active on your control surface.

Did you try putting the BCF2000 into "Logic Control" mode? Then you should be able to add it to Logic as a "Logic Control".

Worked fine with LPX (using the logic controller template). Did you put the BCF in logic control emulator mode? It has a mode that emulates a logic controller so it will be compatible as long as Logic supports Logic Controllers.

Here are instructions to put it in logic mode if you haven't done that yet. http://www.behringerdownload.de/BCF2000/BCF2000_Emulation_modes.pdf

• 4 months later...

Archived