Which OS are you using?

Hello

I'm working on the development of a business side of things software program and I wonder what os most people are using these days. My main rig is 10.10 (yosemite) and my laptop is 10.9 (Mavericks). So I'm testing on those two os.

How far back would I need to support to cover most users?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Kc

I agree with David.

It makes most sense to at least support the current and the last version of the OS.

Those that have Yosemite installed use it for testing purposes I believe.

Why would you think that?

54% - Yosemite Adoption - OS X Version Distribution - GoSquared

About Half of All Macs Are Now Running OS X Yosemite, Making it the Fastest Growing OS X Yet - The Mac Observer

I was actually referring to people who use OS X for professional use. I know that many people who use Mac in their "normal life" updated to Yosemite.

If you ask me, 54% is not really much, considering it is free. Add to that all the "normal" people who accidentally updated to Yosemite, and don't know how to revert back to Mavericks (and don't even want to bother with that kind of stuff) (and PS: that doesn't mean they like it) and also the people who downloaded Yosemite for testing purposes. For example, I just downloaded it. Am I now in Apple's statistic of Yosemite users?

• 4 weeks later...