Input Volume Too Low! ST55 to Focusrite pro 40

Recently the input volume has dropped very low. It was fine for months and then about 2 weeks ago I lost about 10db of volume from my vocals. ST55 Mic into Focusrite pro 40 and Log Pro X. Just looking for some tips or things to try out and troubleshoot. Usually record between -12 and -6db and now cannot get a dry vocal recording above -20db. The playback is louder than input but its difficult to monitor going in and is a sudden onset. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

Yeah I mean I would assume theoretically the input volume would be controlled by the gain knob on th interface which is around 7. But my problem is that two weeks ago it was at 7 and I was using the exact same plug ins and vocal tracks in Log and then one day it was just super quiet. No roll of switches on the mic engaged or anything of the sort. It seems I can get a good volume and decent but uneven sound after processing and compression and such but not a good dry recording before using plug ins. Its like without the plug ins you can barely hear it. Obviously id want a solid recording straight in before plug ins come into picture. But it suddenly will not allow that. Tried different inputs on the interface and different mics too. I literally have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...