strange playback issue

chaz11714

Hey people,

so i have logic pro x 10.0.6 and using it on a 2013 IMac OS X 10.9.5 with 8GB ram, 3.2 GHz i5 processor.

I am currently doing some post production work using logic pro (a 15 min film piece) with about 20 audio tracks so far. I have been running the session through an MBox mini. I have 1 flex audio track which i have bounced and replaced that track and not effects or processing on anything yet.

buffer size 1024, sample rate 44.1K 16bit

the problem

when I playback the spacebar moves only (seemingly) a sample, if i hold spacebar it continues to move sample by sample but not audio plays back. It also (for what ever track is selected in the edit window) on playback (when i press the spacebar) brings up a MIDI (type) box. as if i am about to record a MIDI track..... ITS AN AUDIO TRACK why is it thinking im on a instrument track?! STRANGE

anyway things i have done to try resolve

restart logic

shutdown/restart Mac

changed buffer size

change outputs (MBOX to built in output)

bounced all tracks and replaced all

checked activity monitor for potential drainers

not sure what could cause this, it seems really strange like it has been corrupted along the way, any help would be appreciated

thank you :)

Hey people,

so i have logic pro x 10.0.6 and using it on a 2013 IMac OS X 10.9.5 with 8GB ram, 3.2 GHz i5 processor.

Why not update to current Logic version (10.1.1)?

when I playback the spacebar moves only (seemingly) a sample, if i hold spacebar it continues to move sample by sample but not audio plays back.
I thought that the default key command assigned to the spacebar was playback... I am not sure to understand what you are stating here. Are you in external sync mode?

It also (for what ever track is selected in the edit window) on playback (when i press the spacebar) brings up a MIDI (type) box. as if i am about to record a MIDI track..... ITS AN AUDIO TRACK why is it thinking im on a instrument track?! STRANGE
Could you post a screen capture of that "MIDI (type) box"

not sure what could cause this, it seems really strange like it has been corrupted along the way, any help would be appreciated
It could very well be a corrupted file indeed. Have you tried reimporting your tracks into a fresh new project?

Archived