Selling custom Presets ,loops

Hasan Lafci

Hi,

Can i sell presets of synthesizers from logic pro x? for example i change parameters of one already existent synth?

or do i have to start from init? (scratch)

and where the heck can i find init LOL??

Also can i for example make a short loop song of a built in instrument and sell???

I know there is threads about this but i still don't understand...

Its a so simple question for most of the people and yet i don't get answer

This would have taken less than 3 mins to answer

people like to answer complicated questions or idk ..

more than 20 viewers? ithe title is misleading but people did look at my post and they did not care about replying Just 5 mins of time which can save me alot of time a day, more than a week? I don't have time for this

people would have taken the time to report if my thread was to advertise.

for me its complicated but for you it is not. but if you are investing your time in forums you should help and not just view threads.

Documentation? is so awful i have read them and they only talk about apple loops nothing else the other threads don't specify this problem are confusing Forums are always the same ...

Not worth it,

Well, as someone who read this, and wanted to reply, but thought you'd probably not like what I would say - like I guess some others did - well, you asked, so...

If you can't handle making an init patch, or know about the issues of commercial sound design, you're probably not skilled enough at sound design to make commercial product. But yes, you can sell presets, and no, modifying a few parameters of someone else's patch and claiming it as your own is disingenuous unless you'd really gone so far from the original that it's unrecognisably different.

You can't make sample libraries using recordings (ie samples) copyright to Apple or other companies, as those rights are not yours to sell. You can in general make loops to sell of synthesised content that don't contain sound recordings.

A friendly, helpful attitude, rather than demanding other people address your concerns and then throwing a hissy fit when people don't go out of their way to help your issues will go a long way, especially here which is a fairly friendly place in general.

Sorry for my attitude, i've found the way to init patch just recall default.

Helpful post however i don't understand certain things

This is from what i don't understand

"You can in general make loops to sell of synthesised content that don't contain sound recordings"

From what i understand

I can sell samples and loops as long as i used my own patches in them or used cc0 content

i can sell custom patches made by myself

I cannot sell my own loops made with apple patches

However i can sell my own loops made with my own patches

Summary

You need to create your own patches if you intend to sell loops or samples

You can sell songs made with apple patches

But if i create a short song 20 secs with apple patches and sell as a "Loop" that wouldn't be allowed or will it be?

or divide the song into samples and sell?

I can sell samples and loops as long as i used my own patches in them or used cc0 content

i can sell custom patches made by myself

I cannot sell my own loops made with apple patches

However i can sell my own loops made with my own patches

You need to understand the difference between a "sound recording" (eg sample, audio file) which are the copyright of the owner, and synthesizer patch settings (which aren't copyrightable under law in the same way).

Eg, if Apple paid an engineer money to record an guitar sample, you could not use that sample and create a derivative work (sample library, sound loop library etc) because you don't own the copyright of that recording, and are not licensed to do so.

If you dial up a "guitar sound" in, say, the ES2, then you *can* sell an audio loop of you playing it because you are not trying to sell somebody else's sound recordings (which you are not allowed to do).

But if i create a short song 20 secs with apple patches and sell as a "Loop" that wouldn't be allowed or will it be?

or divide the song into samples and sell?

Generally speaking, no, this is a poor attempt at trying to "cheat" the intent of the law. You cannot create a derivative work and sell a commercial sound library using other company's sound recordings, unless you have permission/licensing to do so. Sound library content is intended, and licensed to the user for the purposes of creating music - not sample libraries.

Again, if there are no sound recordings involved, you are more or less ok. So make a loop using ES2 synthesizers, you are ok, if you make a loop using Apple audio loop content, you are not.

Its getting clearer but

if you make a loop using Apple audio loop content, you are not

"Own loops" not the loops from the loop library from apple

i create my loops from scratch except the sound recording.

Thats it, if that is also not allowed than i am understand everything

"Own loops" not the loops from the loop library from apple

i create my loops from scratch except the sound recording.

Thats it, if that is also not allowed than i am understand everything

You can create, and sell, what you like, as long as you do not use Apple's audio recordings. it's quite clear.

The audio recordings are available to you to make music with, not to resell as your own commercial product or library.

Anything you create yourself, that doesn't use Apple's (or other) sound recording content is generally ok.