Midi keyboard help

drmusic13

What I'm using: Novation Launchkey mini midi controller, Logic Pro X

I make a software instrument and before I touch my controller I get this big noise, not even a note but obviously from that instrument. What I can't figure out is what is making the noise on my controller, I haven't touched a key knob fader or anything and it starts blasting this sound, which is very random "gibberish" if you will. Anyone experienced this before or know a solution?

Hey,

Im having the same issue but with Novation Launchkey 61.

only piano and synths everything else is fine, also one minute i have no signal next minute its back.

things have always worked fine then all of a sudden boom, big probs

cheers

nick

So, if you insert an EXS24 on a software instrument tract, and load it with a piano you get the noise,

but if you load the EXS24 with a drum kit or whatnut everything is fine ?

Yes, that's some kind of aftertouch data that the controller is sending. Normally that data is sent when you continue pressing more or less after hitting a pad. So what you now need to figure out is how to set up the Novation controller so it doesn't send that data.

Has the Novation always behaved like this? If not, you could try some sort of factory reset if they offer one.

used it without problem for 4 or 5 weeks (since i got it) literally switched on the next day and it started doing this,

don't think i have any kind of reset option, is there one in Logic that would basically make it think I'm plugging it in for the first time?

I've just noticed some channel strips now say 'controlled by HUI' that seems new, is that connected to this problem?

cheers