Gainer plug or master volume while mixing?

Sal Trinchillo

So there's no consensus on one being better than the other?

I am in Reading which I believe is about an hour from you. You don't play guitar by any chance?

If you have plug-ins inserted on the output object and those plugs still use fixed point math, then reducing the gain by inserting a Gainer plug before them would be beneficial. However, if there are no plug-ins present then the result of using one as opposed to the other would have an identical effect.

Logic doesn't use multiple methods for gain calculation. It's the same audio engine.

I lived in Reading some time ago! My parents are in Hamden Heights now, near Albright College, so I get there on occasion.

Don't play guitar, but if you're looking for one they don't seem to be in short supply! Depends, of course, how picky you want to be about personality!

I agree with everything fader8 said.

Hey I was in Reading once when I was 15, for about a week, LOVED it!!! I remember there was a pretty big music festival and the train station's floor was like a huge camping ground, that was amazing. Unfortunately we didn't get to attend the festival, but we then went to London and Poole for some camping... good times!

So there's no consensus on one being better than the other?

I am in Reading which I believe is about an hour from you. You don't play guitar by any chance?

If you have plug-ins inserted on the output object and those plugs still use fixed point math, then reducing the gain by inserting a Gainer plug before them would be beneficial. However, if there are no plug-ins present then the result of using one as opposed to the other would have an identical effect.

Logic doesn't use multiple methods for gain calculation. It's the same audio engine.

I lived in Reading some time ago! My parents are in Hamden Heights now, near Albright College, so I get there on occasion.

Don't play guitar, but if you're looking for one they don't seem to be in short supply! Depends, of course, how picky you want to be about personality!

Thanks for the information.

I am about 25 minutes from Albright. (One of the colleges I was considering..)

Let me know if you are in the area and would like to come check my studio and jam..

Sal

I agree with everything fader8 said.

Hey I was in Reading once when I was 15, for about a week, LOVED it!!! I remember there was a pretty big music festival and the train station's floor was like a huge camping ground, that was amazing. Unfortunately we didn't get to attend the festival, but we then went to London and Poole for some camping... good times!

Hi David,

I recently moved from NJ (2 years ago) and I am still discovering this wonderful area.

Sal