Multitimbral stacks do not save to the library properly

mc_deli

When I try to save a multitimbral instrument track stack with multiple midi channel strips and/or aux output channel strips, as a patch, in the library, for recall later, in the same project or another, then the midi channel strips and/or auxes are there - but they are no linked to the first channel or to the software instrument.

Instead subsequent midi channel strips have been magically reassigned to the next available free software instrument number.

I have repeated this in empty projects, as well as in busy projects.

I am quite sure this is a bug - and probably because multitimbral workflow is a low priority our brothers and sisters at the big pear.

Could someone else verify this?

• 1 month later...

Hi mc_deli,

I'm having the exact same problem. Here's what my Patch looks like before I save it:

1509133807_ScreenShot2015-05-26at8_32_51AM.png.ce22d596c0d40b1ad5a0545b4f57e540.png

And here's what it looks like after I load it:

599236264_ScreenShot2015-05-26at8_33_12AM.png.0765f4e0551965c263947e0070182d3b.png

You can see that while it used to all be done with one Instrument (Inst 2) before I save it, when I load it each track within the stack is using a different Instrument (1-3-4-5-6-7-8-9).

Not sure if it's a bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong?